Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Milkshake Time!

This is terrible I know, however, who can resist a Farm Show milkshake? Every year I look forward to going to the PA Farm Show just for the french fries and milkshakes. I know, I know, that it's not healthy but.............it's only once a year. Forget going to see everything that's there. As long as I see the food court, namely the french fry and milkshake stands, I'm happy. Yes, I like watching the things that happen in the arenas, but you know you've tasted the real thing when you visit the food court. The only problem is, I have to take about 4-5 dairy pills to be able to drink just one milkshake since I'm lactose intolerant. But thank goodness someone was smart enough to come up with a solution like that for those of us who literally can't stomach dairy products. I miss those days when I didn't have to take the pills. Now I carry a bottle with me just about everywhere I go. The other problem is that we are to have a possible "significant" amount of snow on Sat. Who ordered that? I guess if we don't make it on Sat., we'll have go some evening next week. Oh, well, as the saying goes around here, "You know it always snows for the Farm Show!".

2 comments:

REJunod said...

Hope you had an awesome time!! We ended up at a gun show since we are over 1000 miles from the farm show. And yes, those shakes really are good!!! (and I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have to take any pills!!!) Anyway, maybe one of these years we'll get to go again.

Now, if I can just get Ron off the phone with your dad, maybe we can get a nap today...

Esther

Julie Schultz said...

For us, it was always the potato donuts and milkshakes. I like the breaded mushrooms, too. That's one of the things we miss about PA: the Farm Show!