Tuesday, September 30, 2008

30 on 30!

I have arrived! Officially old now! I spent the last few hours of my twenties doing what I love to do - taking care of my two little ladies (see previous post) while their parents went out on a date. I did things in threes this year. Gifts came at three different times and we went out to eat three times. Once with the girls from work, once with my family, and once with my mom which was tonight. We went to Cracker Barrel, one of my favorite places to eat. I had Sirloin steak, hashbrown casserole, deep fried okra, and fried apples. We got dessert free for our birthdays. I chose the chocolate Coca-Cola cake and brought it home. I can't believe that I'm thirty! Time flies when yer havin' fun!!! I got lots of books, two Boyd's Bears, a gift card, money, and a teacher's mug.
A lot has happened in 30 years. If my eyes could talk about the places I've walked, I do believe I could write a small book about my travels. I've seen so many beautiful places in the past thirty years, so much scenery that it's hard to find words to describe it. I've been in 48 states, 8 Canadian provinces, Mexico City, and so many national parks - I think the one we visited most is Yellowstone, that being four times. I've met so many people, a lot of them being little people. One of those little people wished me a happy birthday today and I asked her how old she thought I was to which she replied, "42"! Oh, help! One of the other little girls guessed 3. I want to be neither of those ages so I have to be content with 30. I don't know if this age makes me an old maid or not. Oh, well if it does! All in all, it was a good day!

4 comments:

a tom said...

Girl you are not old. How do I know? I am only 4 years older than you and I am not old. lol
I liked the part about the children guessing your age. Our children know exactly how old we are and do not let us forget it. =~)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Karen! You sure are getting old! Lol!

Anonymous said...

Little Late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! This is a good year to leave the twenties. I did too about 9 days ago. It sounds like you had a fun day!

Happy Birthday!

REJunod said...

Since I'm just a few months behind you, I wouldn't consider you old. Glad you had a good birthday!! I wouldn't say you're an old maid yet, maybe in another 10 years...but maybe not.

Friends,
"Dorothy"