Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookied Out!

The white stuff is coming down outside and it's cold! I was supposed to go to the dentist this afternoon, but I cancelled it due to the weather. Seeing as how delightful our roadways are around here, it was good that I did. Anyway, since I was home and we had yet to make any cookies for the season, I decided to do it. Two hundred twelve cookies later, I left the kitchen!!!!! Actually, I made them all, my mom put them away, and my sister did the dishes. We believe in sharing the jobs around here! ha ha I made ginger cookies, sugar cookies, M&M cookies, and peppermint M&M chocolate cookies - enough variety for everyone! My shopping has been done for awhile now and everything is wrapped and under the tree. Ginger decided that she needed to try to open them and was only successful with one so far, thank goodness! I did buy her something, but had to hide it on my closet shelf since she thought she needed it the other night. Oh, well.......this may be her last Christmas, she is not doing well and is starting to drag her back left leg. I guess that comes with old age! Anyway, back to the cookies, I'm sure they will be gone by Christmas or soon after!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey wild child, just left my kitchen from the bakeing too!!
But un like you I am not done, will do the rest another day.
Was sad about your sweet doggie I know you will miss her very much when that time comes.
Enjoy those cookies but NOT all at one time. lol mamaflo

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your "baby" is not doing so well. You know we understand how hard that is. I'm sure she will continue to be spoiled as long as you have her with you. That's why you have her right?
Esther B.