Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Year Ago - Part 10

After spending the morning in the pool, we headed out for our snorkeling adventure. This was our ride to the snorkeling waters, chartered by Fair Wind Cruises. Yes, my cousin and I went snorkeling. I would say that there were approx. 50-60 on board, not everyone went snorkeling, some just along for the ride. I wasn't going to go in in the beginning, but I changed my mind once we got there. I used an inner tube and all I had to do was lean over and look into the water with those wonderful goggles and breathing tube. I didn't trust myself to go without an inner tube even though I can swim. What an amazing sight it was! I got some underwater pictures from one of the guys that was with our tour group, can't post them as they were film pictures and I didn't take the time to scan them.

Krystle's new shoes!
Our destination - Kealakekua Bay.
A monument to Captain James Cook, the English circumnavigator who discovered the islands on Jan. 18, 1770 and died here on this spot, after a skirmish with the locals, on Feb. 14, 1779. This little piece of land is actually owned by Great Britain.
I know I'm really far away in this picture but it helped to show the color of the water and the reefs under the water. Saw lots of fish and interesting creatures.
We must've been looking at something interesting.
Our hotel from the boat, on the way back from snorkeling. The next few pictures are of the wedding chapel that was on the hotel grounds. Neat little place!


Sunset - you could sit on the lava rocks near the sidewalks of the hotel. The waves were coming in and hitting the rocks.
The hotel from the front lawn.
The hotel lobby. Notice how everything is open and no doors.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you book the chapel for your wedding? What a beautiful place. Would love to make a trip over there. M. Flo